Monthly Archives: May 2013

Great Strides video

Watch this video to see what the Great Strides walk is all about.


Team Meyer – Great Strides 2013!

Dan and I are participating in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Great Strides walk to raise funds for cystic fibrosis, and I invite you to join Team Meyer!

Great Strides walks are family-friendly events with food, fun, and music. Join us at Sam Johnson Park in Redmond on June 15th at 9am for our local Great Strides walk.

Your participation will help fuel lifesaving research and medical programs that make a difference for people living with the disease.

It’s easy to sign up — just visit my Great Strides home page and click on “Join My Walk Team!”. Then, follow the step-by-step instructions to register for the walk. It’s free to sign up, so you get to choose how much you would like to donate. Any amount is greatly appreciated!

If you are unable to attend the walk, you can still support Team Meyer by sponsoring us with a donation. Visit my Great Strides home page and click on “Donate”. All of the money goes to the CF Foundation, which is a nonprofit organization that is determined to find a cure for CF.

Feel free to contact me, if you have any questions!


Dan got released from the hospital Wednesday late afternoon. The pulmonologist doctor was a little cautious about releasing him, but he consulted with the local infectious disease doctor and he thought it was fine. They are still waiting for the cultures to grow from the bronchoscopy to know more about why Dan is sick. He is doing slightly better, but still having shortness of breath when doing anything. The pulmonologist was worried that they may not be treating him with the correct medications, so he potentially could get worse fast. So we are be cautious, but none of his symptoms have changed or gotten worse yet.

Pneumonia again

Two days ago Dan woke up having some pretty bad shortness of breath and his oxygen saturation was low (around 90%) all while just laying in bed. He called his doctors, the local doctor couldn’t get him in till 4pm, so we went to the ER. Waiting until 4pm was out of the question. It didn’t really matter anyways, they would have wanted to admit him too. After 6 hours in the ER, he got moved up to the IMCU. In the ER they did blood work, EKG, chest X-ray and decided it was a type of pneumonia.

The doctor said it would just be a one night stay, but that usually is never the case. The next morning, they did more blood work and a bronchoscopy to see more of what was going on. The bronch went fine. The doctor said Dan’s white blood cells are down (which they’ve been down for a week) and he wanted to wait till the next morning to see some of the preliminary results of the bronch before he sends Dan home.

So now we are on the second morning. Hoping the doctor will come by sooner, rather than later, to release him.

This is my morning view.



%d bloggers like this: